Meet The JingSlingers and their New "Foods with Benefits" Cookbook
Jay & Joy, officially known to us as "The JingSlingers", are one of the reasons this site even exists. We met back in early 2013, at a time when I had no idea what a reishi mushroom was, and my family and myself were looking to increase our health and feel our best. Jay & Joy came over and helped my family and I clean out our home of toxic foods, cleaning products, or any other materials that might be causing harm to our bodies.
It was without a doubt one of the most frightening yet exciting experiences I have ever had. I felt like I was getting "real" education for the first time about how many toxic chemicals are ladden in everyday products, and was happy to let them go. After we cleaned out the house, we dove deep into some of the Ayurvedic + Chinese Tonic Herbs that we could all begin researching and taking to help remove toxins, reduce stress, increase immunity, and our overall well being. This was the start to my dive down what my friend, Paula Ferraro, likes to call the "wellness wormhole". I researched and implemented these Eastern foods and philosophies, and haven't looked back since.
Bottom line, Jay & Joy are food angels. They are the kind of people who pull over to the side of the road and talk to you for 30 minutes when you have an emergency health situation. They are the kind of people who send you those very long and detailed emails with links to all of the product you need (love that!). They are the kind of people who happen to make absolutely delicious foods that happen to be VERY good for you. These are the kind of people that I want to support on my site.
I usually don't support something unless I 100% believe in it, and I truly believe in these individuals. They are coming out with a NEW BOOK and I could not be more excited for them to share more of their gifts and talents with the world. If you want to learn some secrets to longevity and make it taste like food from the Gods, you are going to want this book.
Here's to life, longevity, and supporting the people who are truly there for you!
Joy Coelho & Jay Denman
Joy and Jay are JingMaster Alchemical Culinary Artisans and are members of the International Association of Culinary Professionals. Their mission is to Educ8te, Illumin8te, and Elev8te humankind with SuperFood and SuperHerb infused Creatively Clever Comfort Foods.
Joy and Jay are Tonic Herbalists, SuperFood Specialists and have a combined 30+ years of conjuring up culinary magic. Together they customize optimum health protocols and menus for their star-studded clientele that grace the Red Carpet from the Oscars to the Grammys.
PureGreenJoy is a 20-year retired veteran police officer and has nourished thousands of happy bodies with organic, cleverly youth-boosting creations that feed all of your senses.
Over the last decade JingMaster Jay has crafted over 50,000 customized SuperFood Smoothies, Ice Cream "JingLatos" and Herbal Elixirs.
The JingSlingers are known for their tagline "Everyone is Welcome at Our Table" because they show you how to re-create you favorite comfort foods whether you are Vegan, Paleo, or Omnivore.
JingSlingers’ "I Love You Berry Much” JingLato
- 1 - 10 oz bag (2 1/2 cups) Frozen Organic Strawberries
- 2 Cups Organic Coconut Milk (1 cup frozen into ice cubes & 1 cup reserved when blending)
- 1 teaspoon Omica Organics Stevia or sweetener of choice (sweeten to taste)
- 4 Tablespoons Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Collagen Powder or
- Vegan Protein SunWarrior Warrior Blend Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Bulletproof® Brain Octane™ Oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Jing Herbs Pearl Powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Organic Rose Water (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Arnox Advantage (Anova Health brand) (optional)
- Fresh Organic Strawberries (optional garnish)
- Blender, 1 cup measure, 1 tablespoon measure, 1 teaspoon measure
Sling It Up:
- Pour 1 cup coconut milk into your ice cube trays and freeze, reserve the second cup for blending the ingredients.
- Once frozen, place the coconut milk cubes into your blender. (If you don't have a VitaMix, Blendtec or Ninja high speed blender, simply blend the recipe in two even portions or whatever sized portions your blender will handle).
- Add the frozen organic strawberries to the blender.
- Add the sweetener into the reserved cup of coconut milk and pour it into the blender.
Jing it Up:
- Add Protein Powder of Choice and Optional Superfoods.
- Blend on high, stopping and scraping down the sides if needed until it is blended smoothly into a “gelato” consistency. If using a non-high speed blender, and the consistency ends up more like a smoothie, put it in the freezer (in a freezer safe container) for 1-3 hours to firm up.
- Enjoy and share with someone you love, especially if dairy and sugar are not in their diet.... they are gonna flip!
- Garnish with fresh strawberries if you have them on hand.
Super Food Science
Strawberries are not only delicious, they are an excellent chelator of the heavy metal mercury. Strawberries are, however one of www.ewg.org’s “Dirty Dozen,” meaning they are one of the most heavily pesticide sprayed fruits/vegetables, so you always need to buy them organic!
Coconut Milk contains healthy fats like lauric acid, which converts in the body into monolaurin, a powerful ally of your immune system and protector against opportunistic organisms.
Collagen and Proteins in general promote and support tissue repair of all forms, not just the muscles, and especially the beauty elements of the skin and hair.
Brain Octane Oil is concentrated caprylic acid. These medium chain fatty acids are the building blocks for the ketones that fuel your brain. They provide the chemistry that runs the body more efficiently from hormone production, to mental focus, metabolism and fat burning.
Pearl Powder is a top Chinese Tonic Herb for beauty and luster of the skin, but it is also a supreme Shen herb, helping to keep you mentally calm in the stresses of daily life. Part of its magic is that it increases “SOD,” superoxide dismutase, one of the body’s most powerful antioxidants.
Plants in the Rose family produce many seemingly different types of foods that you are familiar with, including almonds, peaches and strawberries. Rose petals are not only a symbol for love, in herbalism they are actually a well-known heart tonic. Like Pearl, Rose helps to calm your mind, and keep you open-hearted.
Arnox Advantage is a blend of food concentrates and amino acids that nourish the endothelium, the inner lining of the blood vessels, and which boost nitric oxide levels. The Nobel Prize in Medicine was awarded to three pharmacologists in 1998 for their research with nitric oxide. It is considered the most important compound for cardiovascular health because it is the signaling molecule that is responsible for vasodilation. Viagra works by increasing a nitric oxide pathway!