Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
4 heaping cups cauliflower florets
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup unsweetened and unflavoured almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 chopped onion
3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
Fettuccine pasta of choice (I use Cappello's gluten free fettuccine)
Fresh thyme, for garnish
1. Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, add the oil into a skillet and saute the minced garlic over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant, but not browned.
3. In a high speed blender, add the cooked and drained cauliflower, sauteed garlic, milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion, salt, and pepper. Blend until a super smooth sauce forms. Set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add your desired amount of pasta and boil for the time instructed on the package (only 45 seconds for Cappello's, amazing!). Drain pasta.
5. Add cauliflower sauce into the pot and add the drained pasta. Heat over low-medium until heated enough to your liking.
6. Serve with fresh thyme and enjoy!