Questions you may be asking yourself: Is it soft and moist? Are there seriously no refined sugars? Will my whole family enjoy this? The feedback loop: (I cook whole foods privately for a family) The two 9-year old twins who are tough critics scarfed it down. I brought it to my dad, who used to own his own cookie business, he told me to hide it from him. My brother who is definitely not a “health foodie” and would never touch it if he knew it was GF, went into the pantry for his middle of the night munchies and found my stash. By morning, there was nothing left of the poor loaf :)
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 cups unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup of coconut oil, softened or melted
3 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
1 1/2 cup of almond flour
1 1/2 cups brown rice flower
2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray your loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a large food processor blend zucchini, applesauce, oil, eggs, vanilla, coconut palm sugar, and maple syrup.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together remaining dry ingredients, except nuts.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing on low until well blended.
6. Last, stir in chopped nuts.
7. Pour batter into loaf pan.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Cool on rack 5 minutes before removing from pan.